I finally get to reveal my very First Makeover that I did! I recently became a fashion & personal stylist, yup it’s official! My dear friend was kind enough to let me do a makeover on her!
A lil background: She is currently working and recently had a baby. She wanted to learn what type of clothes suited her body and skin type. She wanted to be able to cover up the post-baby weight and still look great. The brief was to create a look she could wear to work / when she’s going out. She didn’t want something too bold and flashy. Also she wanted something that was quick & simple to throw together.
During the session, I taught her about her body type and what clothing would work best for her. After that we tried on loads of different looks & we came up with this (as seen above).
As you know, black gives you a slimmer look hence the look has loads of black in it.
- Black leggings are an essential part of any wardrobe. You can dress it up or down, for this reason leggings worked perfectly in the look. The plus side: it’s super comfy for a mommy on the move!
- We paired the leggings with a loose grey top. Again, super comfy and hides the post-baby body.
- We put a scarf on to add an edge to the look. The scarf takes your attention away from the tummy and draws your attention to her gorgeous face!
- To top the look off we added a hat & heels.
As you can see, the look gave her loads of confidence! She loved it! Its simple, super chic and the best part: its comfortable! This effortless look allows you to hide what you don’t want people to see and it draws attention to features that you want to flaunt.
In my friends case:
- The look draws attention to her beautiful face.
- Her body looks great and overall she looks thinner. (Without even breaking a sweat 😉 )
- Lets not forget those gorgeous legs!
So in summary, just by understanding what type of clothes look great on you – you will look & feel 100x better! My friend was stunning before and the makeover just amplified that!
I will be doing more makeovers soon, but do follow Trend Perfect on Bloglovin’ (Link below) / subscribe (on the right hand side) or follow our social media pages (above) for the latest updates on posts!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin